Sunday, April 11, 2010

Does Everyone Do This and Lep Update

Go through a jewelery phase, I mean.  I assume, because of all the Etsy activity, this is how it begins.  As for me, this is not my forte thus far, but I can see the lure.  Know what I mean?

Here it is so far:


The necklace is growing faster than I thought it would.  I don't know how to keep the beads inside the ring.  The one I am copying - Suneeti's - had the ring larger than the bead, so it floated in the ring.  I believe she put the bead in the ring as she made it, and added it at the beginning of the  non-flip side. She must have had the beads on the shuttle to do this. I can't see how on earth I would put these clunky things on a shuttle!

Leprechaun Update

Feargal and Maebh took themselves to a pet store to get a treat for THE CAT. 

Meabe wanted to make amends for  turning one of THE CAT'S paws into a radish last night. 

They were so excited by the wonderful things available in the store that they forgot to ask the name of the lovely woman who served them.  

Feargal kept looking down her dress...   Maebh called him lewd.


Interested in visiting The Beach, a wonderful part of East Toronto, right on Lake Ontario they found a an old neighbourhood landmark: the Leuty Lifeguard Station.

 
While digging in the sand for buried treasure, Maebh noticed a gentleman she thought looked Irish and accosted him -  just like that.


He was besotted with the Leps and told them that yes, indeed, he was part Irish.  His grandmother lived in -

- a small town in Northern Ireland.
Way to go, Maebh!
Anon.

10 comments:

  1. Erm.....guilty as charged (the jewelry phase that is :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I leave town for the day and LOOK what you've been up to! Beautiful necklace, Fox! I read in your previous post how you got the beads on - very clever! I can't really see a problem with the beads not staying in the ring, but wonder if the weight of the necklace at its final length may help to keep beads and rings in place...

    Kind of ironic that Feargal's lovely lady is holding a pack of Temptations. For her part, Maebh is no wilting violet either. It's fun seeing your corner of the world through their eyes!

    :) Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this is the way that I do the beads in the centre of the ring - at the moment.
    http://www.e.n.e.btinternet.co.uk/AddBeadCentreRMethod2.pdf
    I'm always trying to find new ways to make life easier and better!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the necklace and it looks like the Lep's are having fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jane,
    Well, I see that I have been re-inventing the wheel with one picot of difference!

    Thanks for your comment - I am going to try your method, adding the bead after the first side. It seems better than adding the picot at the beginning. Looks like that might be the ticket!
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Every time I want to try something new, Jane's pages are the first place I check.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't generally wear tatted jewelry but I do like to make it. The urge comes and goes according to the ideas rolling around in my head. The Leps are having a fine time up there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not had a serious jewellery phase since I was besotted by Nina Libin's beaded 'stuff'!

    I can see Maebh is like having a toddler with you...you get to meet interesting people!!

    I love seeing your locality too thro' their eyes...or anybody''s eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. PS. that was very bold of Maebh to turn the cats paw into a radish...worse that threatening me with warts!!!...she didnt learn that in Lep Academy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gina,
    I don't want to wear it either. Thought I'd give it as a gift, but it is so time consuming I am reconsidering the attraction! It's a bit boring and repetitive.
    Fox : )

    ReplyDelete