Tuesday, July 12, 2011

For Suneeti


This is the scrap of a hankie that disintegrated, given to me by Sali, my 96-year-old Auntie.

I realized the border, from The Tatter's  Treasure Chest, tatted in Karey Solomon's HDT, #30, was too heavy to go all around, so I finished it with a simple ring and chain pattern, in the ecru thread from Kelly, ( Coats #30), and added corners with Josephine Knots.  So pretty!  I am tickled with it.



How appropriate it was that the letter on the hankie was an "S", 
which stands for "special" and also "Suneeti" .
These words are interchangeable.

We had a lovely visit!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I have three hanky edgings in progress... haven't touched one of them in weeks. Thanks for the inspiration to get back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was indeed a lovely visit; thank you! The only problem was, it was too short! Until next time, Suneeti

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...that is a precious and special hankie. I love the mish-mash of edgings... like a sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unique!
    I've also been meaning to say how much I like your new header.

    ReplyDelete