Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Another Thread - I Don't Always Complain!

While in New York City recently, I took a stroll to the garment district, where there is a big, old storewith all kinds of notions for sale. I bought a couple of balls of DMC Perle#8.

This is a very soft thread, (2-ply?) but I do enjoy it for small things as it is kind of plush and cushiony. 

So, taking yet another Fikkert break and leaving the lilac cap for a bit, I picked a few colours and looked through the Russian book that I got from Elena a while ago.
I realize, again, how much I love to tat mignonette motifs - very relaxing pour moi. : )

8 comments:

  1. I used to use DMC Perle #8 a lot. There were so many colors available in it and they matched the DMC embroidery floss my sister used so we could do projects together - her embroidery, my tatting. Other than being 'soft' I still like it. I never do that well with mignonette work, but I don't try it often, either. Yours looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Noteworthy post! - I like perle threads too, I do better with the softer ones like Cebelia. In fact, I am re-doing the African Doily in DMC perle 8, just because I loved the colours - and it's fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone needs a break from big projects!! :) Your new one looks nice so far!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had much luck with the perl cottons, maybe because I make too many mistakes and I wind up fraying the thread. I'm not good with mignonette, but then I don't practice it much either... too frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perle cottons are pretty, shiny and colorful, but they are not always the best for tatting in my opinion. They are good for things like bookmarks, but I wouldn't use it for a doily, and too floppy for earrings or other jewelry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must try a mignonette motif. I have used the technique, but not in rounds. Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is beautiful and I love this book cover too, I don't recall seeing this one, cute little crown too. I love different kinds of threads it is great for breaks and certain projects. Well I just posted now I have six on and got one more amoeba done :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a very pretty new motif coming up, the cover of the book looks interesting.
    Love to MrG
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete