Monday, February 22, 2016

Finished

Pattern is Mary Konior's "Babylace."

Well, this is the most successful handkerchief edging that I have ever tatted! That seems odd, in light of the fact that I used two differently sized threads!

However, the length was absolutely dead on; I didn’t even have to pin the thing onto the hankie; I just sewed it straight on! Never been able to do that before. Usually there is some ‘coaching” the length of tatting to fit properly. This was a real pleasure... and a real surprise!

I am glad this one is just pour moi! : ))

19 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. Well done!
    StephanieW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! - remind me again, what is the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colors you chose. They're a perfect match to the embroidery on the hanky. I'm glad the hanky you finished for yourself turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The embroidered flowers, thread colors, and tatting pattern are all perfect together. A hanky to treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prefect match to the hanky, and looks perfect in every way well done
    Love to Mr G
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Fox! I particularly like the mix of colours, the variegated blue and purple together are very effective.

    ReplyDelete