Monday, November 6, 2017

Tatting To Tackle

If I do not concentrate, this Jan Stawasz pattern will get the better of me. I'm finding it difficult to follow the stitchcounts and cannot get distracted or there are mistakes.

Frivole's finished piece, here, is fabulous and since I've always been enticed by the design, after she posted this I knew it was time to tackle it.



The thread is DMC Babylo, a thre-ply #20, which is smaller and smoother than Lizbeth at the same size. I am enjoying both the appearance and the softness very much.

So, I shall boringly be blogging about this endeavour for quite a while. It's a big challenge!

8 comments:

  1. I look forward to seeing your progress, you are off to a good start
    Love to Mr G

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that doily, but I'm not in the mood to take on that particular challenge right now. I will be following your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous already so I know it will be awesome when finished!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's a beautiful pattern, can't wait to be "bored" often with your updates, it's already promising. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I saw the thumbnail image I thought it was the Star from Blomqvist & Persson !!! Never realised it before.
    Looking forward to your progress :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just be a little careful with Babylo, it's the only thread that has ever snapped when I unpicked once too often. Treat it gently, count twice and close once and it will be fine. I love the pattern.

    ReplyDelete